Almost weekly one will hear about buyers that have been taken advantage of by an unscrupulous contractor or business. When choosing a contractor it is important to do all that you can to ensure that the contractor is an upstanding member of the community and has a proven track record. Verify the following:
- Licensed & insured
- CFC maintains a current contractor’s license and insurance which protects you from unnecessary liability. Our license number is 376020-5501 and can be verified at the Utah Division of Occupational & Professional Licensing.
- Satisfied customers
- CFC has built thousands of fences and decks in the last 30 years. Our #1 source of new business comes from referrals. Throughout our website, we’ve posted quotes from customers that expressed their satisfaction with our products and services.
- Years in business
- CFC has been in business since 1989. Our commitment to our core competencies gives you the assurance that our company will continue to be around in the future when you need additional work or repairs.
- Office/Physical Location
- We aren’t a seasonal company operating out of a home or a fly-by-night location. From our offices, we primarily serve Salt Lake, Utah, Wasatch, and Summit counties for installation services, and the entire country for materials and specialized products.
- Member of Professional Trade Associations
- Every industry has professional associations that allow companies to learn and share best practices and provide oversight including professional certification. That is true for fencing. We are certified members of the national American Fence Association, and actively participate in the local chapter and national convention.
- Financial Stability
- Credit worthiness is a cornerstone practice of our company. We pay all of our bills on time. By avoiding late charges and interest to suppliers, we can keep our prices lower for you. You are welcome to check our credit worthiness with Dun and Bradstreet.
- Liens are a possibility if your contractor does not pay for materials or labor until after a project is complete. Through a partnering program, CFC buys materials directly from the region’s specialty distributor, Fence & Deck Supply. When materials arrive in our yard, they are paid for. With CFC, you will never have an unpaid supplier place a lien on your property.
Download a copy of the Contractor Scorecard to help you compare CFC with other contractors.